Top 20 Joseph Campbell Quotes Part 2
I’ma forever fan of Joseph Campbell. I’m a psychologist, but a want to be mythologist. I found myself going down the rabbit hole of searching for more life lessons from him. I hope you enjoy the top 20 Joseph Campbell Quotes Part 2.
- Where you stumble and fall, there you will find gold
- You become mature when you become the authority of your own life.
- The ultimate dragon is within you, it is your ego clamping you down.
- There is perhaps nothing worse than reaching the top of the ladder and discovering that you’re on the wrong wall.
- I think the person who takes a job in order to live, that is to say, for the money, has turned himself into a slave.
- If you are falling, dive.
- The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure.
- Regrets are illuminations come too late.
- Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends.
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
- When we quit thinking primarily about ourselves and our own self-preservation, we undergo a truly heroic transformation of consciousness.
- The black moment is the moment when the real message of transformation is going to come. At the darkest moment comes the light.
- Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.
- One great thing about growing old is that nothing is going to lead to anything. Everything is of the moment.
- We’re so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about.
- People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.
- As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Don’t bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.
- Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be lived. Follow the path that is no path, follow your bliss.
- People forget facts, but they remember stories.
- The god you worship is the one you’re capable of becoming.
Maybe now you are hooked too. I hope you appreciated top 20 Joseph Campbell Quotes part 2, and I am sure there will be further additions to this. Let me know your favorite Joseph Campbell quote.
For the prior blog post on quotes by Joseph Campbell, check this site out https://amodernpilgrimage.com/top-25-joseph-campbell-journey-quotes/ . To find an interview with the late Joseph Campbell about Love and the Goddess watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2DhV4BdOo .